Monday, November 2, 2015

KC 7, NYM 2 (12); Royals are World Champions

Congratulations, Royals and Royals fans! For a fan of the game, this is the right outcome.

For a Mets fan, watching said outcome unfold in the most brutal and amateurish imaginable fashion is not an experience I hope to repeat...since, as a Mets fan, we have repeated some variation on this about 75 times a season for several years, and we kind of want to get beat instead of beating ourselves. And I think we would have gotten beat anyway. KC's a solid club. It's just a rough way to go out.

But a pennant doesn't suck. I'm proud of the Metsies...and mostly bummed that that's it for baseball until 2016.

And for the BPP. To the last points!

Cain 6
Gordon -3
Hosmer 2
Morales 0
Moustakas -2

Volquez 6

Cespedes -4
Conforto 1
Duda 1
Granderson 7
Murphy -2
Wright 1

Colon 0.67
Harvey 13 (8 IP - 2 BB + 9 K - 2 LOB)

Final standings/admin notes after the jump!


Congratulations, Ms. Powell!

Powell 175.67
Bunting 173
Yuhan 1 150.33

Currie 148.67
Brady, Yuhan 2 143.01

Drake 139.67
Stempel 134.01
Cameron 2 130.68

Tormey 1 128
Winklepleck 123

MacEachern 116.01
Green 110.01

Reid 109.34
Williams 107.34
Tormey 2 103.67
Cameron 1 100.67

Simone 98.33

Bingham 76.33

Please please double-check my arithmetic, but I think I got everything. I have a super-busy day today, so I'm-a hold off on distributing winnings/doing the postmortems until later, which gives you time to point out any errors.

See you back here in the evening to hand Escobar his Flyin' Hawaiian trophy...




6 comments:

Meagan Powell (@Ann_Margrock) said...

Well, I have to agree with Sars - this is the right outcome even though I luuuurrve my Mets. You need to play strong defense in this game to win the kit-n-kaboodle. The Mets were playing defense this week like they did in May 2015. While Murph's post-season bat was on fire, his defense was...not. That Game 4 error was just like so many of his early season errors.
*sigh*
I was really hoping that this would be the year, more for David Wright than anyone. He's never going to make the Hall, but he's been the heart and soul of this team for the last 10 years. His injuries will surely shorten his future in the game, and I was so hoping he'd walk away this year with a ring.
Winning the pool - yeah!
Losing the Series - *sniff*

Thanks for all your hard work this pool, Sars!

Steve said...

Thanks for coordinating the pool, Sars -- it was a great way to enjoy the postseason! (Sorry about the Mets, though -- tough way to end a terrific year.)

Stacey said...

This was a lot of fun - thanks so much for coordinating it Sarah! Wish I had made better choices (since I was going to pick Salvy because I adore him but went with Moose instead, who pretty much cost me points) but the postseason pool was a fun way to enjoy (and be obsessive) about the games.
Congrats to the Royals & their fans - I was rooting for the Mets but the Royals were fun to watch. Can't wait until next season.

Daniel M. said...

Thanks, Sarah! Really enjoyed the pool.

Sarah D Bunting said...

Thanks for playing, everyone! I hope it was at least entertaining. We had a pretty good year as far as not too many people getting swept out after the LDSes.

Ellen said...

Thanks for running this, Sarah! What a fun way to be involved in the post-season.