Wednesday, September 30, 2026

SD 8, CHC 0

Me, every year I pick Machado: "...dammit."

Me, every year I don't pick Machado: "...DAMMIT!"

Plenty of points on offer from a game that seemed to get away from Cubs pitching almost immediately. Not exactly a plot twist given that so much Cubs pitching, uh, used to be Mets pitching? 

Your points:

Bregman 0
PCA 0

Bogaerts 5
Cronenworth 1
France 2
Merrill 2
Tatis 5

An authoritative restructuring of the money thanks to the Pads; below, your standings after the first WC day...

18 Yuhan 2
17 Stempelson
13 Winklepleck

12 Izzo 1, Reid Dumb, Bauer 2
11 LoPorto 1, Green, Wonsetler Head
10 Fell 2

7 Crase, AK 2
5 Quinn 2, Reid Smart

4 Brady
3 O'Reilly, DGB 

2 Yuhan 2, Tormey
1 Izzo 2, Wonsetler Heart, Bingham 2

Everyone else either picked Sox, picked byes, or just picked poorly (hi hello, it's me) and waiting to get on the board.  

The schedule's exactly the same today -- Phils/Barves at 2, Pale Hose/'Stros at 5, Yanks/Red Hose at 8, Cubs/Dads at 10. My only prediction is that the Red Sox, who look overwhelmed, submit quietly, but I'm always rooting for more baseball; we'll see!

In the meantime, check my math, make sure I didn't let any other Shlobotniks through, and good luck!

No comments: